When your mind is drained, your body aches and your energy levels are significantly depleted, these may be indications that it is time for a body detox.
Imagine yourself having clearer skin, sharper mind, energy revitalized, stronger immune system and feeling healthy inside out, these are the benefits you can enjoy by undergoing a detoxification program.
Having a healthy body is a goal the many individuals strives to achieve. Attempting to lose or to gain weight can oftentimes be very frustrating. Despite great efforts, you still find difficulty in achieving the perfect body and the right weight.
Since our birth up to the present, our body has accumulated many toxin build ups. Some of the chemicals from all the foods and beverages that you’ve taken in your entire lifetime will build up because the body cannot handle the detoxification process alone.
Taking your first step:
It is important to take the first step to reduce toxins in your body. Try to cut down on the following: cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, eating foods with saturated fats and refined sugars. These acts as toxins in your body and as a hindrance to your healing development.
The use of household cleaners that are chemical-based and personal health care products such as shampoos, toothpaste, deodorants and cleansers should be reduced as well. These chemicals are inside us; we never really fully eliminate them unless going to a process of detoxification.
There are many ways to detox the body. It’s up to you to choose which suits your lifestyle and preference. The following are ways you can consider:
- Juice fasting
Drinking only fresh fruits and vegetables such as carrot, spinach, celery, cabbage, apple, pineapple and cranberry is an effective way of discharging toxins, it also provides loads of nutrients as well as enzymes to lessen the intensity of the cleansing process to an easy stage.
Fast weight loss is the main benefit from juice fasting. A person may drop 30-40 lbs on a 30-day juice fast. By juice fasting, a person gains self-confidence and feels light and clean. Duration of juice fasting is usually 1-3 days. Medical administration and careful assessment is required for longer fasting.
- Water fasting
Only water is consumed during a water fast. Water lets the digestive tract and organs to rest completely, allowing all of your energy to self-repair and strengthen damaged organs. It also eliminates toxin build-ups. Water fasting not only eliminates obstruction and aids in self-healing, it is also revitalizing and motivating to make a fresh start. You may also add lemons to your water which is great for detoxing.
Gentler way to detox the body:
Here are gentler and safer ways to detox your body that you can try out or incorporate different methods as part your routine.
- Change in diet – Whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables instead of packaged and fast foods that are high on fats and sugar can become part of your daily lifestyle in maintaining good health. To help detoxification, switch from your regular coffee to green tea. Green tea is full of antioxidants that help the detoxing of the body. This is because they boost the creation of glutathione, a carrier – antioxidant that rids the body of harmful toxins.
- Sauna – The sauna is widely used by many cultures as a regular part of detox. It is a great method of removing chemicals buildups in fat cells. Saunas are usually combined with diet, exercise and nutritional supplements.
- Skin brushing – Again, with the combination of diet, exercise and nutritional supplements, skin brushing is also a gentle way of detoxing. It removes old skin cells, stimulates the lymph system and draws out toxins through the skin. A dry skin brush made of soft vegetable bristles should be used. Before taking a shower, lightly brush your feet in circular motion towards the chest area for a minute or two.
- Yoga – Through breathing exercise, the bloodstream thoroughly oxygenates thus giving energy and improves the body’s physical process. Different positions lightly massage the internal organs and stimulate them to slowly discharge toxins.
- Exercise – Sweating is a great way to help your body get rid of toxins. Sweating helps get extra salts and other bad toxins out of your body. To boost sweating, nothing is better than regular exercise.