Getting rid of acne is a problem on its own but when you finally resolve that issue, the problem of dark spots and acne scars surfaces. Treating acne scars can be done through natural inexpensive ways and dermatological procedures that may cost a bit more. However, acne scar treatment will depends on the mildness or severity of the scar.
Below are some of the techniques for removing acne scars naturally:
- Aloe Vera – This super food is great for skin care. It prevents the signs of aging, moisturizes the skin, reduces stretch marks and enhances the overall appearance for your skin. Another one of its endless benefits is the reduction of acne scars, it works extremely great with lemon juice since it has natural skin lightning properties. For treating acne scars you can use one table spoon of Aloe Vera gel and 3 drops of lemon juice. Massage the mixture on your face and leave for 30 minutes. This helps with the renewal of skin cells thus the reduction of scars.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar balances the PH levels of the skin. It contains vitamin A, E, C, B and many more useful nutrients for the skin. It helps to regenerate the skin, lighten acne spots and remove acne scars. A simple way to use apple cider vinegar is to mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal proportions. Use a cotton ball to apply to the affected area, leave for 10 minute then wash with water and apply moisturizer after. This can be done 3 times a week until scar fades.
- Baking Soda – Most people have baking soda in their homes but not many individuals are aware that baking soda is not only used for cooking but can be used for beauty hacks as well. It makes your skin brighter by removing dead skin cells thus very useful in treating acne scar. You can simply mix one table spoon of baking soda and a small amount of water to make a paste, apply it to the affected areas for 1 or 2 minutes then wash it off. This can be done 2 or 3 times a week.
- Honey – Known for its medicinal properties, honey is a widely used home remedy for various skin conditions. Its antimicrobial, antioxidant and healing properties makes it an ideal addition to your skin care routine. Additionally its moisturizing properties enhance its appeal for use on the skin and can be very effective in treating acne scars. A simply way to use honey is – wash your face and pat dry, apply a thin layer of raw organic honey to your entire face, leave on for 10 minutes then rinse with cool water and pat dry. For best results, leave honey on overnight.
Aside from the natural ways of removing acne scars, there are also dermatological procedures that may give you a much faster result. Here are some of the alternate methods on how to remove acne scars effectively.
- Dermabrasion – Your dermatologist may recommend a dermabrasion treatment for the removal of scars and dark spots. Dermabrasion is the removal of the top skin layer using a machine that chafes off the skin. Once the skin heals, the top layer will then have a smoother and clearer appearance.
- Laser treatment – Laser resurfacing is one of the most affordable anti-scar treatments available. It simply uses a high-energy light that would remove the fine scars and even prevent wrinkles.
- Chemical Peel – This very similar to dermabrasion. The only difference is that the top layer of the skin is peeled off using chemicals not machines. This is not a very advisable procedure for all since some people may have allergic reactions to the chemicals.